Friday, April 4, 2008

We're home!


Hi Everyone,
Thanks for your prayers and support-we got to bring our little birdie home last night and we are glad to be here! Unfortunately she does have to use the phototherapy bed due to her jaundice and it's so hard because we just want to hold her and snuggle, but unless she is actually breast feeding, she is supposed to be on the bed so that the light from it can bring down her bilirubin level. The nurse is coming by this morning to check on her, please be praying that her jaundice has gone down and we won't have to use the bed very long. I honestly can't imagine a worse experience than your daughter crying in the middle of the night while she looks up at you and doesn't understand why you aren't picking her up and holding her close-even though it's what you want to do more than anything in the world.

As for me, I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful husband and beautiful daughter that an extended recovery time doesn't seem so bad after all! If you read the blog Bard wrote, you could probably pick up in the fact that he was wonderful all through labor and I couldn't have done it without him. Really. Our Doula, Sara, was also amazing and I really relied on her for focus, what to expect, and ideas. Because of the complications with pushing, Evelyn's angle, and then just her size compared to my size, my recovery time is expected to be a bit longer than normal, which is hard because I hadn't really thought about that as being a possibility. The Dr says I'm healing well though and just need to take it easy. So, since I can't go upstairs (my muscles are too pulled to be able to lift my foot just the heigth of the stair!) We're all camped out downstairs!

We still miss everyone though! We would love to hear from you and of course visit if you want-I know it's not as much fun since we can't hold her. But even though she is a little yellow, we think she is pretty cute to look at at! Just give my cell a call if you want to stop by. We have some more pictures that we'll post soon. : ) And thank you again for your prayers and support, we're very lucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise God that you got to come home! We're praying for the bed to do its work and help that b level come down. We're so happy for you and Bard and so proud of the fantastic job you did together in bringing sweet little Evelyn Joy into the world. Whew! What an amazing bonding experience between you three and the Lord. God bless you. We love you so much!! And congrats on not passing out Bard! ;-)