Monday, April 28, 2008

No more poop : (


Well, I hate to disappoint you all, as I know you were so impressed by my daughter being an above average pooper-or as we say, a super pooper-but I'm afraid she is dwindling down to average. Which is I guess good for the landfills and our checkbook! I don't know how or why, but now she just poops several times a day, like any other baby. I know, you're thinking that you expected more out of the daughter of myself and Bard. But hey, what can I tell you? If you have no idea what I'm talking about and think I've lost my mind, please let me refer you back to the post, "Escrow, Lazyboy, and poopy baths." Otherwise, please know that I will continue to keep you informed on the pooping habits of my first child. If nothing else it's good to keep track of this kind of thing so I can bring it up at, oh, I don't know. . .maybe her rehearsal dinner before she gets married : )


On another note, Evelyn Joy made her first visit to Target today. I'm sure it will be followed by hundreds more! I took her out again on my own and I was quite nervous, as she was quite cranky. But she fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep as I put her in the moby and carted her around. I didn't really need to go to Target, but it's just so nice to do normal things-even being able to sweep or do dishes is a bit refreshing (although I'm sure that won't last!) because it just takes me a bit out of "baby world" and reminds me that life is continuing on as normal. That might seem odd, but I can't tell you how odd it is to have someone constantly dependent on you for food, sleep, cleaning, comforting, and any other kind of care. You really start to feel as though this little person is attached to you and it will always be that way. Which can be an amazingly pure and beautiful experience but also make you want to pull your hair out. So, little errands and tasks go along way toward keeping sanity!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY for Evelyn Joy! Peyton loves Target...so, maybe they can go together and hang out when they are older.

Anonymous said...

There is a potty training video with the song "she is a super dooper pooper . . . she can potty with the best. No more diapers to get in our way, we are truly impressed." You'll be familiar with it in a couple years. The fascination with poop will start all over again, I promise you!
- Laura Smidt