Saturday, April 5, 2008

Update

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all (again!) for your prayers, support, and encouragement. It doesn't look like Evelyn will be able to come off the bili bed today, but we're hopeful for tomorrow-she is very close. She has gained weight and continues to do well, but although we haven't heard for sure what her bili count is for today (we should know in a couple hours) I talked to the nurse earlier and she thought it was abit early. So, we'll keep on keepin' on and hope for tomorrow!

Please pray for us tonight, my pessimistic prophecy came true and we had a really hard night. I've always heard people say, "I was up all night with the baby." and I would wonder, did they mean "ALL NIGHT?!" Yes. They did. We were up all night with her. We finally called the Dr (I love our pediatrician, they have 24 hour on call doctors) because she would not sleep or eat. They had us actually take her off the bili bed for awhile and then try and finally sometime around 4am she ate and then slept. So now I'm optimistic, if Thursday night was hard, and last night was hell, then maybe we've hit bottom and tonight will be a bit better. So, if you wake up at 3am, think of us before you roll over in your nice warm bed and go back to sleep! : )

On the plus side I am slowly starting to heal and actually went up stairs today, yay! My groin muscles are beginning to feel better, which is nice because walking is something I used to enjoy doing!

I wish we could come to church tomorrow, but we'll have to wait til next week-we miss our disco family and can't wait to be there again!

Evelyn says hello (she is quite a smart baby) and is looking forward to being held and spoiled by all! We'll post more pictures later too.

Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm praying a lot!! Thank God for 24 hour on call docs. And that's amazing that you made it up the stairs! Tell that smart little baby Evelyn that grandma loves her and is praying she can eat and sleep (and poop!)and let mommy and daddy sleep too. Much love to all three of you. :-)

Sara Sandefur said...

Seeing as she's kept you up all night from her very birth, I think you're in for it! Sleep all you can today, that's for sure! Maybe you should tell visitors to come between 2-5 am so you can get some rest and a break! Just kidding. But just imagine how much MORE GRATEFUL you will be the next time you actually get to sleep at night... The day will come, trust me. :-) I'll be praying for that extra bit of rest to be coming soon--