Sunday, April 6, 2008

No church!

It was so weird to not be at church today. After having one of the biggest life changing events ever, I am all the sudden spending less time with the people who I want to share it with the most. This is so hard on me because I'm so used to sharing life with all of you. I really miss you-my disco family! I'm so glad to be at home resting, and my body really does need it-as does hers-however, you are my community and I am thinking and praying for all of you too. Having a newborn is a weird mix of over stimulation and isolation and I feel like I'm still processing it all. Maybe this doesn't make any sense, please keep in mind that I'm not sleeping very much! But it's a strange feeling to absorb, craving people and the desire to engage with them, yet also needing downtime to do the basics, like sleep. I want to talk with friends and family, especially those out of town who aren't able to visit, yet all the sudden the day is over and I'm exhausted. I'm not yet sure what the balance is, and since it's only been 5 days, I guess I'll keep processing.

Switching gears.
Last night being off the bili bed was great! She slept better and so did we, everyone was much happier. The nurse came this morning and checked her bili count. Even though it had gone up a bit overnight, the Dr said that it was okay for her to stay off that nasty bed. So that is a huge answer to prayer! Her eyes still look a little yellow to us, which is a bit worrisome,as of course we don't want her to get worse again. We call the pediatrician in the morning to see when he wants to see us, so we'll go from there. Keep praying and we'll keep you posted!

No comments: