Tuesday, August 19, 2014

No One Ever Said Life Was Fair


After yesterday’s emotional post, I was planning on posting something light and fun.  Although we didn’t expect to bring little man with us until tomorrow, we would spend all day today driving around to various government offices and that was sure to give me some hilarity to report back to you.

Nothing hilarious about waking up with the flu in the middle of the night.  Yes, you read that right, the last domino fell.  After stressing all night about  being able to complete our paperwork-and feeling miserable in every which way-I had myself pretty convinced that Bard could do it on his own because we had signed, notarized, and apostilled documents back in May giving each other the permission to adopt individually.  We weren’t totally sure that was the case but Bard left at 8:15 with Evelyn as planned and we found out by 9:15 that it was fine for him to be on his own.  Whew.  By that point I wasn’t feeling like moving would make me vomit, so that was another plus.

But, two questions remained, could Bard accomplish all the paperwork in one day allowing us to get baby brother out of the orphanage?  And, would I feel better so as not to be contagious to him or give the rest of the family another round of the Ukrainian Plague?  At first I was really hoping it was somehow food poisoning, not the flu, and of course I don’t know for sure, but it feels like the flu. L  Bard made it to the last office with minutes to spare before closing and we are officially parents to our third child.
One less orphan.

A cause to celebrate and a day I’ve waited for, endlessly.  But it’s 8:30 at night and I still feel sick.  Bard went and bought cleaner with bleach and is proceeding to dip our apartment into it, piece by piece.  But I have no idea what will happen tomorrow.  We are supposed to leave at 7:40am to go apply at the passport office and then go to the orphanage.  Then we come back here and complete the passport application-with his pictures-and submit it for approval.  It’s the longest step in our current process and if we wait it could delay us an unknown amount of time.
Please pray.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Praying you are well enough to finish the paperwork and pick him up.Congratulations on becoming a mom for the 3rd time!