Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Independence

Last week I was a bit discouraged going into the Fourth of July because I had been hoping we would be celebrating in another country.  And we still didn't even have our travel invitation.  Next month is Independence Day for Ukraine.

And we will be there to celebrate with them.

I can't even imagine what all we will be celebrating by that point in time, honestly just thinking about August kind of blows my mind. . .

We travel next week.  We found out this week.

Mind. Blown.

We have our official referral appointment next week where we will find out information on a child-no, we know nothing at this point-but if all goes well, we'll be meeting him in less than two weeks.

Mind. Blown.

All this time.  All the waiting.  All the work.  It's all colliding in a mess of joy, crazy town, terror, tears, excitement, nausea, thankfulness, and panic.  Please ask me how much I love Amazon. Seriously, when I die (which could be soon considering I may not live through this week), I am leaving them all my money.  I mean, they get it all when I'm alive anyway, so why not?  Oh, please do not ask me how much I hate money.  Well, okay, you can, but you better sit down for a while so I can answer properly :)

Actually, never mind, there's no time! We have just moments before we leave, and they are flying by.  With every item I cross off on my to do list, 5 more appear.  Tasks multiply faster than rabbits and stress faster than anything.  Funny, when I was in labor with my girls, time had no meaning.  If you had told me 15 minutes had passed, I would believe you.  If you had told me 3 hours had passed, I would believe you. 

Ladies and gentleman, welcome to my delivery room and let me tell you I am painfully aware of every passing second.  Someone get me an epidural!

I will not likely update again before we leave, and for a variety of reasons, we may not share all the details on the blog, especially about the child.  But, I will post almost daily once we are in country-sharing our experience!  Several of you have asked about notifications.  There is an email notification at the bottom of this page, just enter your email and you'll be inundated with daily Kristins :)

Thank you for all your support.  We appreciate it.  We need it.

Good bye for now!  See you soon :)


No comments: