Thursday, July 31, 2014

Day...Something or Other

Papers submitted, now begins the rigmarole that is bureaucracy. No matter what part of the world you are in-it's the same. If it seems better where you are at that is just because you are dealing with a known evil, versus a known evil :)

Just the parking lot of your average capitalist store.
Today we had a fun visit, the girls did shows for their little brother and he played with his favorite toy-a little Sunshine-Solnichko!  He was so active, busybusybusyboy!  On the way back from the orphanage we were dropped off at Bolshevik, otherwise known as Kievan Walmart.  Many things are easy to find in the subway-but a few specialty items require a trip to the Megamarket.  I figure if we go once a week, we're doing good.  This week's purchase were little single servings of applesauce for the girls-because it's easy to take in the car, a new tank top and dress for my messiest child -the one who has stained three items of clothing in one week-a tea steeper, chicken, and much to the girls' delight-a Russian Frozen puzzle.  And even though it's made by Disney, it's clearly made at a far lower quality than we would find in the States. Way to stay classy Disney.

Elsa is in pieces!
Then, after a blistering hot and sweat trickling down your back nastiness trip on the subway, we were home.  The afternoon is so far a fun Skype talk with Aunt Gen and Uncle Dan, Frozen puzzle (much better than the movie since it doesn't involve constant singing-shockingly Disney has not yet figured out how to make musical puzzles), and now we're getting ready to head out again, into the Wild Blue Yonder.

A trip to the subway for a photo album, stop by FotoTsenter to pick up the pictures we had printed off yesterday, and back to the apartment for Spaghetti Dinner Theater.  Now, in my 6 days of travel insanity before we left, I went to Target 48 times.  Each visit I played the role of Whirling Dervish and bought 2 gajillion necessary and unnecessary items, throwing things in my cart like I was the winner of one of contests that Toys R Us used to do where the kids could run up and down the aisles of the store for a minute, cramming as many toys as their greedy little hearts desired into the cart.

I so wanted to be that child.

So of course when I went by the DVDs on sale, I thought, I'll buy a few new ones, it will keep the girls occupied during down times.  I picked up Curious George, a favorite, and then saw the movie Annie.  Ahh nostalgia from childhood, I had to get it.

I swear on the tomb of Yaroslav the Wise (which I saw on Tuesday) that I did not make any connection between that movie and my current existence.

Believe me or not.

Then we put it in and started watching it with the girls.

Hello!

Sigh.  Lots of explanations went with this movie and my mind is gearing up for tonight's second installment.

Honestly, pregnancy brain has got NOTHING on adoption brain.  I have now (accidently) become the funniest person I know!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woohoo, adoption brain - don't know how you think at all! Elsa in pieces - cute! So now I have "Elsa in disguise in pieces" running through my head. Think "Lucy in the skies with diamonds..." :-)