Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

I think I need to write about something happy since the last blog was a bit of a rant. So, I'll tell you about today, because we went to the pumpkin patch! I'm not quite sure of the point of taking a 6 month old to a pumpkin patch, other than of course the obvious cute photo opportunities, but we had fun : ) Evelyn was very solemn the whole time, which is unlike her, and made both Bard and I laugh. We think she was just talking everything in since so much was new to her. She looked at the goats, the chickens, and especially liked picking peas and flowers. Which was alright because this is a local farm and you can just go there and pick the produce. I liked going to this particular farm-they are organic and locally owned-because when I used to teach Montessori I would take my class there on a field trip. Now I was able to take my own child! We sat her in the pumpkin patch with a pumpkin and looked like idiots for several minutes while we tried to get her to look at us for a picture. She would have nothing to do with us and only wanted to chew on the pumpkin stem. Which of course Bard thought was a little gross and I figured it was fine ; ) Afterward we went and bought some produce, she is going to try some avocado tomorrow! The day was gorgeous, sunny and close to 60 but with that crisp fall air. All in all it was a fun time.

3 comments:

Sara Sandefur said...

What a cutie!

Unknown said...

What a doll! I bet the goats and chickens were a totally amazing sight for her. Mmmm...avocado. More green all over the cute face. :-)

efriddle said...

I love the pumpkin patch pictures, Evelyn is adorable. You'll cherish times like these.