Saturday, October 4, 2008

Catch Up, Part One

Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do! I apologize for being AWOL, it's been a fairly stressful and chaotic three weeks. Even for me there is too much to write for one blog, so I thought I would break it down a bit : ) I also posted a bunch of new pictures (see albums to the right).

On the fun side, Evelyn can do so many more things for herself now!

*A few weeks ago she started holding her bottle by herself, totally surprising me because she doesn't even have a bottle that often.

*She also can sit up on her own! Although her cute little noggin throws her off balance pretty easily and over she goes, but still, she is a lot stronger.

*She is eating regular food now! I blend up peas, bananas, sweet potatoes, or pears, and she eats them with her cereal. Sweet potatoes are by far her favorite, but we'll see if that changes as we continue to introduce new foods.

*The weather finally changed and so I am putting her summer clothes away. She finally is growing into her fall clothes, which is of course fun and sad : ( but she looks really cute in them!

*She turned 6 months last week and goes in for her check up on Tuesday. I can hardly believe it's been half a year. In some ways it seems like we always have had her, I can't barely remember what I did before she was here. Maybe sleep more : ) But on the other hand the time has just flown by. I was talking about her labor story (I know, you would think I would have blocked that from my memory) the other day and I remembered it like it was yesterday. Surrounded in a sleep deprived and painful haze, the memories of those early days are so precious to me, I will always treasure them.

*We've started teaching her sign language. At 6 months babies can start picking up simple phrases. So we've introduced 2-all done and more. We'll use them every time we say the words and gradually introduce more. I'll let you know how it goes!

*She started drinking from her own little cup. She had water for the first time and doesn't seem too impressed, but drank some nonetheless. The sippie cup is different from her bottle nipple and that is taking some getting used to, but she looks like such a big girl!

Whew, well, there is part one, I'll post the rest over the next few days. It's been a pretty long week, so I need to go eat a brownie!

No comments: