Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy One Month Cecilia!

Wow, one month already, I can't believe it! I posted all the pictures from January in the photo box to the right, and keep your eyse out for more pictures and our birth announcement!When Evelyn was this age everyone told me to treasure these moments because they would go by so fast. Although that was somewhat true, I remember many times (such as screaming parties at 2am) where life seemed to go by very slow and I felt like I would never get some of my basic freedoms (like being able to get out of the chair!) back. With Cici, time really has flown by and I feel like I am more able to really treasure how sweet so many of these moments are-and how they will never be the same. I think it's because I'm more relaxed, and because I have a two year old who is keeping me very busy!

So what has happened in the last month? Cici has developed a fairly regular schedule-that could change at any minute-of eating every 4-5 hours during the day. This is on the low side for her age and at first worried me (Evelyn ate every 2-3 hours) but she is gaining weight fine and so I have decided to enjoy the little extra freedom it gives me. On a good night she eats around 8 or 9 and then goes til about 2 and eats again around 7am. So, I'm actually a somewhat decent amount of sleep-more than I did with Evelyn at this age (so hard not to compare!) but still feel pretty tired most the time.

For the most part, we have developed a fairly regular schedule as a family too. Mornings can be a little hectic, depending on when Cici eats, when Evelyn gets up, and if I've had a chance to get up and eat as well. If all three are happening at once, mama is a little cranky! I get up a bit earlier on the days Evelyn has to go to school, and so far she has only been 5 minutes late, which I feel like is a miracle! The hard part is that it often seems that I spend most the morning holding Cici-while she eats and then rocking her to sleep-so I don't get to interact much with Evelyn. That should change as the baby gets older, and Evelyn doesn't seem to mind too much as long as I keep her busy with art projects or her millions of baby dolls. Sometimes she does ask for me and I'm not able to help her or be with her, and while that is hard on both of us, I try to remind myself that it's not horrible for Evelyn to experience that and I won't always be holding a baby for 2 hours at a time. When Bard is home, of course he is a huge help and Evelyn has really enjoyed her extra time with Dada.

So far I have somehow avoided taking both girls someplace hectic by myself. By hectic I mean Target or the grocery store and I will avoid that as long as I can! Cici does okay going places, but it appears that I will not have a "carseat child." Evelyn never really slept well in the car and Cici seems to be on the same path, so I can't enjoy that luxury that most other parents seem to have! But, for the most part, if we're going someplace and it's her nap time, I'll put her in the Moby wrap, which is like magic and she sleeps really well while in it.

She seems to be holding steady at the 50% which is great. She has had a bottle a few times now, so that is a big milestone. And also fell asleep on her own in the swing-the merits of which are debatable to some, but for me, I don't think it matters, it's not like every time she falls asleep she'll be in the swing-everything in moderation.

Overall I think we're doing better than I expected. Although, I've only been sleep deprived for one month, ask me again another month from now! Hopefully as she gets older she will sleep longer and more on her own, and be able to go longer between feedings as well. Those two seemingly simple acts are what really make a huge difference in my days, nights, and all around sanity. But for the most part she is a sweet little baby, seems to have a good temperament, and our little family is doing really well!

No comments: