Thursday, February 17, 2011

Half Way Mark

This week Cecilia turned 6 weeks old. That is a bit of a milestone for several reasons. One, many people notice babies settling into a better routine at this age and that things-like feeding, napping, etc get a bit easier. I really looked forward to 6 weeks with Evelyn because of this theory. However, with Evelyn, and Cecilia, I noticed little difference! Cici, actually settled into somewhat of a routine at about 4 weeks, and Evelyn not until 3 months.

However, a more meaningful reason is that I am now half way through my maternity leave-I go back to work in 6 more weeks. This seems crazy to me because three months sounds such a long time! I can hardly imagine going back to work at this point-I'm tired, it's hard to get out of the house, Cici has to be rocked to sleep, and it takes forever to feed her. But, fortunately 6 weeks is also the halfway point to those problems becoming easier, for Evelyn, and babies of many parents I've talked to, 3 months is a magic age! That is when Evelyn started going to sleep on her own-which makes a HUGE difference, and nursing started to take a lot less time-going from about 45-60 minutes to about 25 minutes, which is great as well. So, even though life will get a little crazier with me being back at work, hopefully it will also be a little easier in other ways. And, since I really need to be out of the house-away from my darling children-for at least a little time each week, it may also help with all of our sanity!

Lastly, the first of April marks another big milestone-Evelyn turns three! Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean overnight changes, but it's still a big deal-I'll have a three year old : )It's crazy that just a few years ago I was blogging about Evelyn being 6 weeks old-and now here we are. I'm amazed when I think about how many milestones, for both girls, that I have before me. Life is so short, we need to treasure each moment.

No comments: