Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer baby



I'm so happy the weather has been warm lately. When I was pregnant and knew that she would be several months old during the summer I had all these visions of taking her on walks, sitting outside on our deck in the sunshine (except she has to be in the shade), and meeting friends at the park. Seeing as how it snowed the first week she was born, we had record cold temperatures in June, I couldn't walk for more than ten minutes the first 6 weeks of her life, and she cried when I put her in her stroller-I was beginning to despair of seeing those visions become reality! But the weather has been great and every day I have such a fun time picking out a cute sundress for her to wear : ) We sit outside on a blanket in the front yard and read. Well, I read, she watches the leaves dancing in the wind. We walk up to the coffee shop and get iced tea or Italian sodas. She sits in her bouncy seat while we BBQ on the deck. She is not old enough yet to sit in a swing or go in the wading pool, those will be highlights of next summer, I'm sure. But this summer has already started off with so many fun and peaceful experiences that I'm just reveling in the fact that something I imagined with a slight tint of Romanticism has actually come into being exactly the way I pictured it!

No comments: