Thursday, July 17, 2008

Some poop, drool, and other random thoughts

Well, I know you all have been anxiously awaiting an update on how my daughter is doing with all her pooping. ; ) (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, see previous posts!) To avoid any further suspense, here you go-she is driving me crazy! I seriously thought we would have switched to cloth diapers by now. I'm waiting for to stop having so many blow outs, but I'm beginning to think we'll be sending her to college in poopy diapers! The last several days she has come out of her diaper, onto her clothes, and onto me- pretty much once if not twice a day. I'm telling you, I have post graduate work under my belt and my life is reduced to scrubbing poop from little pink dresses. Sheesh. So there you have it, I hope you weren't sitting down to dinner anytime soon!

The last few weeks she has also started leaking from another area (as if the issues above weren't enough). Now she is a little drool monster! I can still be very thankful that she doesn't spit up, so I guess I shouldn't complain, but I'm going to anyway. She can literally soak the whole front of her dress, I don't know where all this drool is coming from. Her favorite activity seems to be to put her hand in her mouth and then move her hand across her face, spreading drool everywhere. She also likes to drool on my arm, shoulder, and clothes. If you check out the recent pictures, you can even see drool in motion falling from her mouth to her blanket!

She is becoming so aware of her environment, it's adorable. She can reach out and grab objects held in front of her. Well, okay, she can try and grab it, sometimes succeeding-the hand eye coordination is developing slowly but surely! She loves the patterns on her crib bumper and will stare at it fascinated-which is actually a problem because I want her to go to sleep! She loves a mirror toy that she has and will sit for long periods of time-even up to an hour-staring at the mirror, talking to that baby she sees in it, and reaching out to smack it with little clenched fists. It's so cute!
And, I saved the best for last-for all of you who read through my long blogs : ) She rolled over for the first time just an hour ago! She was on her tummy, looking at her mirror toy, with Bard and I sitting on either side of her, when all the sudden she just pushed herself up and rolled over! It's really the most amazing thing any baby has ever done. Bard and I couldn't believe it, we just stared at each other and then looked at her. We put her back on her tummy and she did it two more times. Crazy. I wasn't expecting it all. Every milestone is such a big achievement and I feel so proud of her, what a great baby : )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, super baby, you rolled over! I'm sure all that drooling is a sign of genius. I'm not sure about all the pooping... :-)