Sunday, July 6, 2008

I love. . .


I can barely believe that my baby is three months old! I feel as though I've had more experiences in the last three months than my first thirty years. Some of them will probably be lost in a blur of pain, sleep deprivation, and bewilderment, but there are so many that I want to capture in my heart forever.

I love the cooing sounds or growls she makes while she is sleeping.

I love that when I go to pick her up out of the crib she gives me the biggest smile and starts waving her tiny fists and chunky legs around.

I love the way she nestles into my arms as she is nursing and drifting off to sleep.

I love the way she "talks" to her giraffes in the bouncy seat.

I love the way she holds her head up and stares fascinated at any light nearby.

I love the way she smiles at Bard when he sticks her tongue out at her.

I love seeing her sleeping in his arms as he catches up on the stock market.

I love her look of amazement when she is getting a bath and I poor warm water over her.

I love the way she sleeps all night!

I love how old she looks when she holds her head up and looks around, but then loses control and looks like a baby bobble head!

I love looking down at hear while she sleeps in my arms.

I love coming home to see her after I've been at work for 3 or 4 hours.

I love sitting with her in the mornings and telling her about our day and I love reading to her before she goes to bed at night.

Most of all I love that she is my baby and I am her mom and nothing can ever break that beautiful bond.

No comments: