Sunday, August 17, 2008

Baby Vignettes


I can't believe how long it's been since I posted, sorry! I put up a bunch more pictures and here are some snapshots of what has been keeping us busy:

*Sports Camp: Our church put on a week long sports camp for kids in the community last week and I was in charge of a lot of things. I worked extra hours and it did get pretty stressful, but I still was able to spend a good amount of time with her. It was just time spent running errands and that type of thing, not hanging out at home as much as normal. I took her to camp with me every day for the first half and she loved it! We walked around with her in the front pack and she had a great time being outside and seeing all the people.

*Four month check up: on the last day of sports camp we had her four month class, which was good but made for a long day. Based on what the doctor said I'm going to go ahead and just keep nursing-waiting to introduce cereal until 6 months or when she starts acting hungry. She now weighs 15.6 and is long! She also had to get three shots and she screamed, I felt so bad! It was nice to be in the class with everyone, and fun to see similarities and differences. One four month old already has a tooth! Another is still sleeping in bed with parents (which I think is fine if that's their choice, but the doctors sure give you a hard time for it!) And another couple said they haven't been out on their own yet without baby-which surprised me since Bard and I go out almost every week!

*She did fine the afternoon following her appointment but then appeared to get a nasty case of indigestion from the oral vaccine. Unfortunately I was at camp and couldn't leave just yet, she cried and cried with grandpa and then grandma and finally fell asleep. Poor baby, and poor grandparents! She is all better now, thankfully!

*Bard took this week off work to work on finishing our basement, which has become quite the project. I haven't really been able to take Evy down there because of all the concrete dust, but when it's finished it will be a great place for her to play. And cool. . .

*It's been in the 90s and really hot all week. I think it's hard for her in the evenings and we've all been sleeping downstairs. Today it's cooled to a nice 85 and I am so glad! She doesn't seem to mind the heat too much, but in the afternoon and evening it's really too hot for her to nap upstairs so she is down with us which kinda cramps our style ; )

*She is down to five feedings a day now (from six) which is really nice and I think I'll be able to drop it to four pretty soon. It's great because it means that the time in between her feedings and naps are stretching out which makes life a lot easier for me! She still naps really well and sleeps through the night-from about 8pm to 7am MOST of the time!

*She has found her feet and loves to play with them (again, why do I buy her toys?!) She also loves putting her entire hand in her mouth and recently has sucked on just her thumb a few times, we'll see where that goes. . .But the funniest thing she has started doing is screaming. No, not in sadness, that would not be funny! She just has really discovered her voice and will lay on the floor talking and screaming to herself. When I have a minute I'm going to make a little movie of it and put it online cause it's pretty hilarious!

Well, there is our life in a nutshell : )

No comments: