Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Few Sweet Moments

Sundays are a contrast around our house. The mornings are busy from beginning to end-getting to church, and then four hours of making sure the kids ministry is running smoothly leave me pretty tired by the time I come home. So the afternoons are lazy, nap-filled lounge times. Often Sundays are a blur-the first half, from about 8:30-12:30, I am so focused on my job and sorting out details and issues that need to be addressed that I just have minimal interaction with Bard and Evelyn. The second half of the day, I'm exhausted and Bard and I try to relax so it is a blur of being tired and just hanging out. But this Sunday I had two sweet moments that stood out and I want to remember them.

The first was in the morning at church. In between our two services I like to get Evelyn out of Baby Garden and hold her while I am greeting families. In our new location people enter straight into where we worship, so I am able to hold her and greet while enjoying the singing myself. She loves to hear the band play and kicks her feet (to the beat of the music). Today everyone was clapping during one of the songs and I watched Evelyn looking at them. After studying them she joined in clapping! We stood together for several moments, singing and clapping. I know without a doubt that God was smiling.

The second sweet moment was later that day. After nap Evelyn was playing on the floor, looking at books. Bard was studying on the couch and I was half-napping on the love seat. I looked over and saw the two of them just sitting and studying together. They were both so focused on their books, it was adorable! I'm so glad that she loves her books and I hope that this is the beginnings of many lazy Sunday afternoons where we enjoy good books together.

No comments: