Monday, January 5, 2009

Baby's Top Ten New Year's Resolutions

Since this my first time celebrating the new year, I thought I would make some resolutions because like my mama, I like to make a list and track goals!


  1. First, I need to learn how to type. . .check! Wow, I am a genius baby ; )

  2. Next I resolve to continue to sleep well. Right now I go down at 7pm and wake up at about 8am. I will not put my poor parents through any sleep backsliding they keep hearing about!

  3. I also resolve to learn to crawl and walk. While I roll and scootch all over, I am not officially crawling and although my mom and dad will have their worlds rocked when I do (my mom keeps telling my dad that he needs to stop leaving bathroom cleaner on the floor) they think it will be fun to see me vertical.

  4. I think I should also learn how to talk. My dad swears that I say "Dada" and know it means him, my mom is not convinced. Only I know and I'm not telling! I say "muh" for "more", which I also sign, because eating is very important to me!

  5. This year I also resolve to start taking swimming lessons, fortunately my parents are signing me up-stay tuned for super cute pictures!

  6. I resolve to continue to be a good eater. My mom loves it that she can mix up pretty much any combination of food that would seem disgusting to the normal person and I will eat it without any qualms (yes, I have a very good vocabulary!)

  7. I also resolve to read several books a day. My mom started this when I was just a little baby and I love to sit and read books with her and Dada. My favorite is still Brown Bear although my mom and dad reading Grover's Monster at the End of This Book with their best Grover voice always brings a smile.

  8. I will drop to just one nap this year. Right now I still take a little catnap in the morning and then a good afternoon nap. But my mom is looking forward to having a little more freedom in the mornings, so I'm pretty sure that morning nap will be gone soon.

  9. This year I resolve to spend a lot of time with friends and family. I love my cousin Henry and watch him with fascination. I can't wait to meet my new little cousin and to spend more time with family, from all over the country. And I love staff meetings with my mama, cause there are almost as many babies as adults and one more on the way!

  10. And finally, I resolve to learn more about Jesus because I know He loves me very much. My mom and dad read me a Psalm and pray with me every night, just like they did when I was in my mom's tummy. And I love going to church and being with friends who love Jesus and me very much.

1 comment:

Rebekah S. said...

Jesus isn't the only one who loves you (and your mama and dada) very much! Miss you all!!!